Thursday, June 16, 2011

Welcome to my Kenya Trip blog!

Greetings!  I'm as new to this blogging thing as anyone, but I am excited to have this kind of "journal" to recount my adventures in Kenya, and at the same time keep people updated on how my trip is going.  Right now I'm hanging out in Missoula, catching up with people, and making sure I have everything in order for the trip.  I'll drive back to Seattle on Sunday and then fly out early Tuesday morning.  As I'm getting ready for the trip and going there here are a couple things to pray for about the trip

  • Quality time with Patrick's family.  The only one I've met in person is his sister Miriam, but they have been wonderful in helping me prepare for the trip and setting up accommodations for while I'm over there.  I am praying that I will be able to get to know them and connect with them in the time I have there.
  • Interactions with the people around me.  I am excited about some of the opportunities that exist over there, like volunteering at the school and orphanage where Uncle Roger teaches and hopefully finding training buddies.  I think those are really cool opportunities to meet and interact with people, but I'm also kind of nervous about it because, rightly or wrongly, I have some feeling of responsibility that I'm representing my family and possibly America in general for some people. I know their impressions and reactions to me will affect much more than their opinion of just me, particularly in Eldoret.  
  • Most of all, I am praying that God will keep my eyes open to his calling for me and how this trip is a part of that.  If there is something going on there that I can be a part of, I am praying for clarity and conviction in that calling.
I'm not sure how regularly I'll be able to update this, but I'm shooting for throwing something up every week.  We'll see though.  Stay tuned, and thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment: