Saturday, September 3, 2011

An actual update amidst the ramblings

When I set up this blog I pictured it being something that I updated every week or two to let me people know what I'm doing and where I am.  It's turned out that there's been so much more that I wanted to share with people back home that its turned into more of a chronicle of the trip, rather than giving you live updates of where I am, so I'll at least give you one now so you can have an idea of what I've been up to.
I traveled around visiting relatives with Heather and Patrick for about ten days then spent about a week out at Grandy's farm.  After that I took Kemboi up on his offer to take me to Iten, which turned out to be an amazing couple of days that will no doubt set me off on many more long winded rants about Kenyan training.  Iten is the high altitude village where most of the elite Kenyan runners train and is really something of a huge, year round, unorganized running camp, which I thought was phenomenal.  I'm now 8 days from leaving and I must admit they couldn't go fast enough.  I really miss the cross country team and running with them, as well as just being somewhere where I fit in and I have a decent idea of what's going on.  Anyway, much more to come on what I've done, but I probably won't get those posts up until I'm back, so for now just know that there have been many more adventures to tell you about and  many more amazing people I've met, so I'll get all that up when I get the chance.  From here I'll spend the rest of the weekend in Eldoret and maybe head out to Kip Keino with Roger on Monday, then head back up to Iten for a couple days with Kemboi then back to Nairobi and that'll be a wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment